i will concur with the Obenaufs to treat the leather. Great stuff.

On cotton canvas I've used a few products that all worked great, but had
varying application labor.

Otter Wax bar - Personally my favorite. I found it by far the easiest to use.
Just rub the bar all over the canvas and set it in the sun or use a hair dryer
to "melt" it in. You can use the edge of the bar to get into the seams and
cracks. It seems to set up drier than the others which is a plus in my book.
Small USA company too.

Nikwax spray on Wax Cotton Proof - To be honest, I would have never tried this
had it not been for their excellent customer service. I called with an
unrelated question and we got to talking about my waxed cotton jacket. I
mentioned the reproofing I had been using stayed super oily for a long time. He
sent me a bottle of their spray on wax for free. It works fantastic on my coat
and is easy to apply. Its a smooth cotton though and I never tried it on
heavier canvas with leather trim.

Barbour Thorn Proof dressing - I used this stuff because my jacket came with a
tin. It gives you that freshly wrestled with a fried chicken look. Very oily.
It's also a little tricky to apply. You have to melt the proofing in the tin,
then wipe it on a warm garment. Imagine smearing candle wax on fabric. It's
liquid for a millisecond, then hardens. I found a technique that worked
eventually, but was still slow. Once I got the Nikwax I never looked back.

Filson tin cloth dressing - similar to Barbour being oily, but is easier to
apply. It can be wiped on out of the tin, spreads easier.