On 02/26/2015 09:54 AM, Marc Irwin wrote:
This reminds me of the first charity ride I did on my Hillborne (with Bosco Bars). A rider came up beside me, asked about the bike, then asked why anybody would want a bike like that? I said, " I can take this to the grocery store, ride a metric century comfortably, or take a trip over the Himalayas. What can you do with that?" (pointing to his crabon crotch rocket). He just shook his head and rode away. I passed he and his crew of*spandex hamsters* after the second rest stop. They tend to start loosing it at 30 miles. One of these days I'm going to do one in a pair of cutoffs (diamond gusset), a nascar t shirt and Cubs batting helmet just for fun. I might even roll a pack of Winstons up in my sleeve for good measure.

Really, do we have to say things like this? If you don't like lycra don't wear it, but I think calling people "spandex hamsters" is way beyond the pale.

And as for Winstons... :-X