The seatpost selection is very limited it seems , but of course it does
come with one .  Likely a basic Kalloy Laprade or one of low end UNO models
or similar generic post from Taiwan.

Thomson ?  I checked all I could find and it seems the only one is a black
zero setback.  Not available in silver or setback , albeit their setback is
a mere 15mm .

The shim sounds alright, but looks goofy the way it cannot set flush with
the seat lug , from the photo .

All in all, if the stock post is not acceptable the shim is your only
choice . That has it's own issue though, the seam in the shim, does it seal
when it's in the frame ?  If not, for those who ride in the rain and/or
sweat alot, it will let water in !