I’ve done a couple of things on my bikes to improve the connection with the
Shimano-style club (which is also used by Shutter Precision):

1)  Tin the bare ends of the wires with a little solder to make them more
durable. See here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Strip-and-Tin-Wires-Like-a-Pro/
<http://www.instructables.com/id/Strip-and-Tin-Wires-Like-a-Pro/>

2)  Once you’ve got the length of the wire dialed in, seal the holes where the
wires go into the plug with some clear two-part epoxy. That will hold the wires
firmly in place and keep water out. Make sure you’ve got the wire length right
before you do, because once the epoxy sets it’s there for good.

--Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com
www.campyonly.com
campyonlyguy.blogspot.com