On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM, JoelMatthews <joelmatth...@mac.com> wrote:

[...]  pulling Schwalbes onto 700s always takes a lot of hand

> strength.

Except for the 60 MM Big Apples on the 45 mm wide SnoCat SL rims on my
Monocog 29er: these tires fit normally -- ie, you could hand-install but you
had to force the bead over the rims' edges -- on the Alex OEM rims, but on
the SnoCats the beads literally fall off the rims, and mounting is a
challenge because of their extremely loose fit --or lack thereof. If I ever
were to plan on more than 30 psi in the rear (too hard, really, even for
smooth pavement; I run them at 12/15 for dirt) I'd be very worried! (But,
once you pump/reseat/ pump/reseat/pump/reseat, the beads stay put just
right.)

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM