I agree with Minh in a general way, but I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss
the collectable quality of the better Rivendell stock models; after all,
look at what happens to RB-1s and XOs.

The absolutely first criterion for Riv bike quality is the handling, and
IME, having owned 5 -- tho' not a QB -- they are better in this regard, for
my taste at least, than most of the many other bikes I've ridden. I expect
that in 10 or 20 years, there'll be a strong market in used Rivs of all
types.

That said, I'd ignore provenance, except in a desultory way, and ride the
new bike! Hell, I'd ignore paint and cleanliness and ride the damn' bike!