Ohhh, that's a nice bike and price ready to go! Try with the Albastache
as-is, knowing you can move to Albatross or Boscos if still too low.
Looking at that picture, the clamp of the stem looks a good 3-4 inches
above the saddle, don't know if there's too much drop with those bars
though.
Try it and report back!!!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Surlyprof <jmcclu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a big fan of my 56 Sam but I am 5'11" and 165# with an 85 pbh.  No
> problems with clearance and I even thought my seat was showing a slight
> excess of post. I can't see why you would have problems on a 55 Sam with an
> 83 pbh.
>
> I haven't ridden it fully loaded yet but I have ridden with some
> unbalanced loads and noticed a little flex.  The tubes on the Clem sound
> like they are stouter than the Sam which may or may not be an issue at
> 300#.  Riv could probably clarify both issues.
>
> The Clem is cool but so is that discounted 55cm Albastache Sam in the web
> specials.  $150 bucks off vs. $300 off!  Can't see how you could go wrong
> with either.
>
> Good luck deciding.
> John

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal