Patrick, you did right, but be careful. Some people hit cyclists on purpose
when they get that angry.

My wife is always making hand gestures to other drivers, but I have to keep
reminding her that if  I don't understand her hand gestures, most people
will just think she's rude.

When I was a teenager, I got so tired of people, usually tourists, running
me off the road, that I took up riding at night.

All the locals and tourists would be off the roads, and since there were no
streetlights, I could see any car coming from a long way off.

John