If you're not really carrying much, the Synergies are probably heavy enough
to go with the Caz. That said, how about a fourth option:
-Lighter with BBShoe for fast recreational rides
-Current Synergies/dynamo with Hetres for commuting/all-roundering
-A third inexpensive front wheel (Deore/Synergy?) with a Cazadero on it for
dirt.
Then swap out from Hetre to Cazadero on the existing rear wheel. Still a
bit of a hassle, but probably won't be doing it too often. And it saves the
dynamo hub from off-road abuse it probably doesn't need.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Dan McNamara <djmcnam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might check out the PL23 or SL23 rims while they are on sale. Machined
> sidewalls but they are nice rims. Anthony at Longleaf is willing to have
> the sale rims drop shipped if you want him to build wheels.
>
> http://www.pacenticycledesign.com/index.php/products/rims
>
> Dan
>

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Justin August <justin.aug...@icloud.com>
> wrote:
>
> As always I am debating a 2nd wheelset as a way to avoid buying another
> bike. I'm curious as to whether I should go heavier duty or lighter duty.
> The facts:
> - Saluki
> - Current is Shimano Dynohub/XT rear to Synergies (32/36)
> - Currently splits commute duties with the SimpleOne
>
> Wants:
> - One wheelset for Hetres (maybe Babyshoe Pass in the future)
> - One wheelset for Cazaderos
>
> Should I go:
> OPTION 1
> - Synergies with Caz
> - Lighter with Hetres
>
> OR
> OPTION 2
> - Synergies with Hetres
> - Heavier (Atlas/VO/etc) with Caz
>
> OR...
> OPTION 3
> - Lighter with Babyshoe EL
> - Synergies with Hetres
> - Heavier (Atlas/VO/etc) with Caz
>
> I'm getting married in November so I think option 3 is probably a no-go.
> Whatever I do now would be an intermediate step towards that. Thoughts?
>
> -J

>  --

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal