I'm about to build up some wheels for my Riv Road 650b conversion:
Pacenti PL23 rims (new design), 36 hole
Front Shimano 3N80 dynamo hub, Rear VO Grand Cru touring hub
butted spokes

I will be installing Panaracer Pari-Moto tires (new design), and I have
Pacenti rim tape (tubeless compliant).

Since I encountered so many punctures on this bike this year, I'd like to
try these tires tubeless.

But, I have concerns:

* The rim and tape are tubeless-ready, but the tires do not have a
tubeless-specific bead.
Will the tubeless-ready rim do most of the work?
* I've seen the max recommended pressure for "DIY tubeless" at ~50 psi,
with increased risk of blow-offs if surpassed.  (60 psi would be my max
pressure on these tires)

I have set up my fat bike tires "DIY tubeless" with great success (with
hookless rims, even), but we're talking 20 psi max.

I know that some of you are riding Hetres (and similar tires) tubeless.  Do
you keep the pressure under some reasonable maximum?  Have you had any
problems with the tire blowing off the rim?

And yes, I will report back on the ride of the new Pari-Moto tires, with
comparison to GB Lierres (previous) and Mitsuboshi Trimlines (current).  I
will set them up with tubes to begin with, which will allow
apples-to-apples comparison.

Apologies to the cross-post if you're also on iBOB or 650b.

Cheers,
Tim Gavin
Cedar Rapids, IA