Highs in Death Valley itself were in the low 90s, which is about 10 degrees
above normal, I believe. For a nice chunk of that, we were up above 4000ft
where the temps were nicer (but where the headwinds were a killer).

When we woke Sunday to go home, the winds were really roaring. So overall, I
think were were pretty lucky!  The poor guys who raced the Furnace Creek 508
in DV a few weeks earlier had 30-40 mph winds for a very long stretch.

Dustin