I received my Aeropress today and immediately brewed up a cup of coffee by
the Aeropress instructions.  The result was a very bitter cup of coffee.  :(

I poured that one down the drain and tried the inverted method with one
scoop of coffee, a 10-second stir and a 50 second steep time, all precisely
controlled by my one-one thousand....two-one thousand......three-one
thousand.  The result was a good cup of coffee, on par with the best cups I
occasionally luck out and get from my drip machine and my French press.  I
was surprised by how little coffee it produced.  The Riv video looked like
it made twice as much coffee.  Are there two sizes of Aeropress?

I guess the next step is to play around with grind.  I just used the same
grind I use for my drip machine.  I'll tighten it up for a finer grind next
time.

Now, I'm going back and re-reading this thread for more helpful hints!