On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Mojo <gjtra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Up here in Western Colorado too Patrick. The dying vines are letting
> los diablitos loose.
> The gusty cold front that sweeps through ABQ Wednesday morning won't
> help.
>
> Remember these? http://tinyurl.com/yhmkhtq  I think I might buy a pair
> or two.

Yes, I expect a bigger crop of thorns this winter. And we have a "40% chance
of snow" tomorrow, but it won't collect.

I used tiresavers for years, but in recent years have neglected them because
goatheads seemed relatively rare. I may have to install them again -- the
problem is mounting them with fenders. I may try leather shoelace tied to
fork legs and seatstays, a la the Brits.

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM