Greetings Riv-owning folks,

Today my new Sam Hillborne frameset arrived, and I'm beyond stoked to start
building 'er up. I opted for only the frameset because I work for a local
bike shop and am able to get some pretty sweet deals on components.
However, I'm new to the shop and this will be my first build from scratch,
so I'm open to advice.

I'd like the Sam set up with mid-weight touring in mind, with some
flexibility to maintain a comfortable and reasonably speedy unloaded ride,
and will definitely be going drop-bar style with Noodles.

My question for you folks is what are some key upgrades I might consider
over the standard build kit suggested on Riv's website? What have you
learned from outfitting your own Rivs?

Lay on the Riv wisdom.

Thanks!