On the subject of pressure: I tried Grand Bois Extra Leger 700x32 before I
tried Compass. I think the max pressure (printed on the tire) was 90psi. I'm
not sure, it may have been 100 or 110. At any rate, Jan's instructions with
those tires were to use higher pressure because of the extremely supple
sidewalls. I'm not sure why that was the case, and I remember being surprised
to read that because the lower pressures were a big selling point.
(Incidentally, those instructions are absent from the Compass tires.) I had
been riding Jack Browns at around 80psi. I think I ran the GB at 90. I had flat
issues from the get go. This was on CT spring thaw roads. They also didn't feel
faster. I was also 50 lbs heavier than I am now, but that's what I weighed on
the JBs too. So I gave up and went back to JBs. I love the Compass tires now,
though. In all honesty, however, back before I discovered Riv, I rode 23mm
tires at 100-110psi and had far, far fewer flats than since I've gone to fatter
tires. I hate for that to be the case but that's my experience. I won't ever go
back because I love the tires I ride now. Incidentally, I met a guy on an
Atlantis on a brevet a few weeks ago. He said he'd had the bike for 7 years and
never had a flat tire!!! He rode Schwalbes.