As opposed to a half-step triple, where I find myself shifting the FD more
often than the RD, I really don't shift the compact double FD that often.
 When you do shift to the small ring to climb, you can stay there a long
time, as the small cogs on the small ring typically take you well into 50+"
gears, which works for most off-road,  and approach and plateau gears on
steep road climbs (I have a 14% grade to get to my house). .