Haha, a towel is on the list. don't worry, ive made that mistake before.
 see, im fine sleeping on the ground, but my weakness is in wanting
something clean to put on when i wake up from riding all day and sleeping
on the ground. hence the shirts, which are not a problem on 2 or 3 day
rides. i like the idea of minimizing and washing on the way, though i don't
know if i can ride with wet clothes on.  maybe a 2 day rotation system so
one set has a day to dry... my sweat is not as sweet as yours patrick.