I did.  (I'm might be one of the ones that you'd ran across in
researching....)

I probably should have gone w/ a Hilsen over the Rambouillet, given that
I'm not svelte, but, when I was looking at the frames at MSL, that green
just was screaming my name.  Bought it as a frame, built it up myself.  w/
700c 28's, fenders were fine, but I wanted to run 32's, and didn't have
much room.  Tried w/ fenders, w/o fenders, w/ 28's, w/ 32s... decided I
wanted 32s and fenders, and at my size, had enough tire deformation that
it'd rub...   I'd gotten a 650b Bombadil, so, one day, messin' around, I'd
swapped my 700c wheels onto the Bomba; since I had Motolites, I could just
raise the pads and it worked fine.   But, I had the 650b wheelset sitting
there, decided to try them on the Ram, as all I'd need was a brakeset (I
had started w/ the Tektro R538 calipers, switched to R559's)...  and, it
worked fine.   So...   I ended up building a dyno wheelset for the Ram,
returned the Bomba's wheelset.  The thing the conversion did for me, was
put me onto a larger tire, as I'm running Hetres;  they fit under my
fenders w/ clearance, but because they're a 42, I ended up not having
issues w/ the BB drop, as a 650b-42 is right there at a 700c-25... and, I'm
not so aggressive, I don't pedal through corners anyway...   (and, my
cranks are 172.5's instead of 175's;  170's might be a bit better).

If I was a more reasonable weight, I wouldn't have felt the need to go to a
larger tire, would have been happy on the 700c-28's under fenders, or, if I
would have been happy w/o fenders, I could have lived fine enough w/ the
700c-32's.   Or if I'd had a Hilsen, no prob...

But, I can't say I have any reason to regret switching my Ram to 650b,
either...  I did gain a cushy tire, that's under fenders, and, it became
just a bit more unique in the process....   FWIW.....

-L