This comment reminds me of something my wife said the other day.  I had
found a nice Craigslist mixte she might like, but it was too small for her.
 I showed her the bike, and said it was too bad the bike was too small for
her.  She said, "What do you mean?"  I said, "The bike, it's very nice, but
too small for you."  She said,"They're all the same size, aren't they?"
 "What!?" I say.  She says, "All adult bikes.  They're all the same size."
 She wouldn't believe me when I said adult bikes come in different sizes,
and it took me showing her the Riv website to convince her.  Even now, I
suspect she thinks sizes are peculiar to Rivendell.