I really like the look of those leather straps. Do they fit above the front
derailleur?

I have narrow twisty halls in our apartment, and we're up two flights of
stairs, so I can understand the why some people are drawn to single speeds
& messenger bags / backpacks when it comes to navigating the city.

I found it easiest to roll my Hunqapillar along on its back wheel to
navigate corners, so no fenders, and I use bags I can carry with shoulder
straps, usually a re-purposed messenger bag as a front basket bag, plus a
saddlebag.

And I use a Lezyne Micro Floor drive that fits in my bag, so I can use the
top tube for carrying my Hunq if need be.

And I usually say a prayer to Lord Ganesha to keep the elevator (and my
knees) working.

John