The problem with Velo Orange is that it's chiefly, I believe, a mail order
business and not really set up to showcase actual physical bikes.
 Admittedly, things may have changed over there in the several years since
I visited them, but I seem to recall that VO was located in a very remote
and hard to find business park outside of Baltimore, and that the folks
there seemed genuinely surprised when a human being (me) showed up to look
around.  VO is a great business, but it may not be the kind of place that
Riv is looking for, i.e. a store with lots of foot traffic, where people
will see their bikes, be tempted to take 'em for a ride, and buy.
Kevin