Good question. I went out and had a look.

The front tire looks newish, its file tread generally intact. The rear tire
has turned into a semi-slick, but hasn't yet started showing the
frequent-flats behavior that Jan associates with a Compass tire at the end
of its service life, and my sense is that it will last me the season.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WVmUwhpZSHw/VXGZBaNQZiI/AAAAAAAAYeU/jA90Zp7KNsE/s800/20150605_083728.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Vr3MVfoZqGE/VXGZIapuwtI/AAAAAAAAYes/Ps918VOs_mE/s800/20150605_083754.jpg>

I expect at some time I'll rotate the front tire to the rear, and retire
the rear tire. I'll either order a new Barlow Pass (love 'em!) for the
front, or will experiment with Soma C-lines that I bought, but never
mounted, the same winter I got the Barlows. By the time spring came, I had
both, mounted the Barlows, and never looked back...

rod