Thanks, Steve. In fact, I was curious about the Microtex, which I saw
at my LBS yesterday. But they only had a black that has a sort of
feathered and mottled look to it, which is what yours looks like in
the close up photo with the turtle. It seems to be what this site is
calling "soft touch":

http://www.westernbikeworks.com/images400x267/FITAP1-6.jpg

I am looking for something that is solid, glossy black, without the
matte and mottled look. For example, compare this dark gray Microtex
with the dark gray "soft touch":

http://www.westernbikeworks.com/images400x267/FITAP1-3.jpg

See how the non-soft touch is solid shiny gray, whereas the soft touch
has a chalky look about it? My LBS guy says they don't make a non-soft
touch black. Or do they?

That's a beautiful orange Rambouillet, by the way. Very well done!

Aaron