The other thread on the joys of wrenching made me want to share part of my
day's wrenching project.  The Saluki re-build has allowed me to start
messing around with the Bombadil which maintained it's initial
configuration since I scrambled to put it together for my big Veterans Day
ride last November.  This frame has so much flexibility!  Honestly though I
think it really just wants fatter tires and sleak, flared handlebars!  So
here is what I've been working on....

http://dr2dc.blogspot.com/2015/06/nobby-bombadil.html

For those keeping track those are 2.25", 650B Nobby Nic's.  Definitely on
the outside of recommended width for the first gen Bomba's but I think in
un-muddy situations it's going to be fine.  I picked up these tires locally
and couldn't pass on the opportunity to check the clearances.  2.1" is
definitely the sweet spot for this frame though.  The Nitto RM14 Dirt Drop
bars are remarkably comfortable to ride in the drops at least as high up as
I have them.  I'm hoping to get off-road for a couple hours this week or
coming weekend.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K34L8HLE9Zg/VX48jh9JhzI/AAAAAAAAIJQ/kV1x_MJax6I/s1600/IMG_20150607_172438957.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9_2qIiP1TdM/VX49HVuQjXI/AAAAAAAAIKA/jqPsB00wnQE/s1600/IMG_20150614_223151917.jpg>