I have not ridden what you are calling the "loop", but I have ridden quite
a bit in the Adirondack Park.   The riding is pretty good.  The pavement is
good and the shoulders are generous.  It is hilly of course but the grades
are never extreme.  Many of the roads have pretty wide fire cuts so there's
often not much shade, and it is not uncommon to go 20 miles between
watering holes.

I have mixed experience with the NY state parks.  There web site is awful.
 We stayed at Buck Pond Park in Onchiota and really liked it.  We also
stayed at a park on Lake George that kind of felt like camping in a
tenament town.

 Gear-to Go Tandems in Saranc Lake hosts rallies & tours.  They have made
their cue sheets available  Mostly very good routes.
http://www.gtgtandems.com/cuesheets.html

I hope this helps.
Michael