I will chime in here as I have other places in proclaiming the
greatness of the Nitto RM013, AKA Rivendell dirt drop, AKA MB1 drop
bars.  I have these in both the recently rediscoverd standard width,
48cm at the tips, and an older wider set, 52 cm at the tips.  I have
run the wider ones on my Rawland for over a year, it sees mixed
terain, weekend grocery hauling, single track, etc. I think of it as
my disc braked Hilsen.  I like the narrower ones on bike with a higher
percentage of pavement time.  And have a set still in the plastic
waiting for the Roadeo.  I have run Noodles, Mary, Midge and Mungo
(moustache) bars on many different setups and keep coming back to the
RM013.  While the midge bars provide better leverage on the trails I
find the confining for long rides.  The Moustache bars end up in
places where I can not get the drops high enough without a rediculous
stem.

I am probably going to regret my pontifications on these no longer
made bars, but I figure if I can generate the demand, Grant my do a
run.  Ask to see a set when you call in or visit them, I belive there
are more than a few sets on the staff bikes.  I am still getting my
act together an dwill have pics up this afternoon.

Rob