I've seen three break, but whether the fault lies with Nitto or the user is
up in the air.

I've broken an R-14 rack, but it was overloaded and I was running through
some really nasty stuff.

I've never seen a Mark's rack break. I've seen two of 32-F break where it
goes through the bridge of the work.

btw safety tethers are always a good idea on stuff that's moving :)

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 7:21 AM, Ron Mc <bulldog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No offense, but I think the title of this thread is misleading - I've
> never heard of a Nitto rack failure.
>

> On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 7:34:44 AM UTC-5, Garth wrote:
>>

>>    Just disregard the "rating"  . . . . as noted  . . . . if anything it
>> can be more stable with the same strength with  5 mount points .
>>

>> As expected, my rack has been perfect.  The bolts have are the non
>> loosening type, with nylon in them .  The stays can be cold set bent as
>> needed also.
>>

>> On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 6:31:27 PM UTC-4, Lungimsam wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe spot welding the tang for and aft of the bolts would work, once
>>> you got it centered where you need it on your bike.
>>>
>>> I was also recommended to use a strap by an RBW employee. That's not
>>> confidence building.
>>>
>>> What puzzles me is the M18 is rated at a 17lb load the Marks is only 4
>>> lbs. But they look like the same rack structurally, except the Marks has
>>> the tab in the front and an extra set of eyelets.
>>>
>>  --

"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink." -- Micah