I have a 56cm Ram and a 57cm Bleriot with similar drop bar setups. I had
28mm tires on the Ram and have pari-moto 38mm tires on the Bleriot. Once I
got the Bleriot up and running I basically stopped riding the Ram. The
Pari-motos are so smooth and fast so the extra width doesn't seem to be a
disadvantage. The Bleriot has an ultralight Tubas Luna rear rack while the
Ram is rackless so sometimes the ability to hall more stuff swings me to
use that bike as well.

answers
1. Ram is a bit quicker handling but both feel great. I actually prefer the
more mellow handling of the Bleriot.
2. 700c Ram has toeclip overlap. 650b Bleriot does not.
3. Never ran either with a front load, other than one of the small acorn
barsacks, and I don't notice that bag.

-Dave