I've owned this one since January 2011 ... am the second owner. It's the
caliper/CP type and is figured to be of the first or second run. The
original owner described the color as "Caramel" and offered this for
explanation:

*This frames set has a little history--it is the very first caramel
Saluki--it's from the first or second batch of frames.  They were offered
in Pewter or green or custom for an upcharge.  I emailed and talked with
Grant about wanting something sort of like the Harvest Gold that he uses on
customs, but darker and richer.  He came up with the color for me and
declared it his favorite bike color ever and make it the stock paint for
subsequent Saluki frames.  It also has the upgraded cast police badge-style
 head badge.*

Whatever the color, it's a beauty. I am always taken aback at how amazing
this bike feels when I get on it after riding my others for a while. I've
since drunk the BQ cool-aid and have diversified my 650b all road holdings
 --- but this Saluki remains a favorite ... and is unlikely to ever leave
my stable.