I am not sure I understand the logic.  When there is a double bid from one
person it is almost always to increase their max bid and it does not raise
their initial bid. I honestly can't think of another reason to do it.
Anyone that wants that frame will either bid until they get the highest or
put their absolute highest amount in at the last second aka sniping.  In
either scenario the first bidder bidding twice does not change anything but
the max amount they are willing to go.  I think the best way is to just bid
at the end but others feel differently.  But tipping the hand means nothing
to people that bid at the end.  They will just enter their max amount and
snipe it.