Yes.  I generally agree with Grant on threaded vs. threadless.  My approach
to riding is not going to require any compromises if I use a threaded stem
- honestly, I just like to get out there and ride, I don't need to be
fastest.  The Technomic reference is from my use of them in my lugged steel
Treks - I have a mile of stem showing on the largest Trek frame they
made...my expectation (given the sloping TT and giant head tube) is that I
wouldn't have as much showing on a 63cm San Marcos.