I am noticing a significant amount of flex on my Silver sidepull brakes on
the AHH. The flex itself is not important to me, but it seems to me I have
to pull the leverss really hard in order to get the bike to stop, and the
flex just compounds the problem as I can keep pulling the levers with no
feel of a stop.

After reading the incredibly comprehensive article in BQ on brakes, and for
the first time understanding not only how the brakes work, but their pros
and cons throughout their evolution, I "discovered" the Paul makes center
pull brakes that are compatible with the AHH. I guess I should have paid
more attention as they are on the Rivendell site, but with their much higher
price and my complete ignorance, I just didn't know what they were.

Question 1: Will the Paul center pulls give me a much better braking
experience? Mark at Rivendell seems to think so, he said that several of
them use them.

Question 2: Cost aside, is it worth getting them in the polished finish?
About $100 more than the regular finish... I kind of like the idea of how
the polished brakes look on the AHH, but don't know if the polished finish
improves, detracts or just does nothing for the performance and durability
of the brake long term...

So many questions... so many good answers from this group!

René
orthie...@yahoo.com