I've been trying to find the right bar/stem combo since I bought a 56
Atlantis months ago.  Recently I tried an 8cm dirt drop plus Grand Bois
Randonneur bars and it seems just right for me. As others have said, you
shouldn't have any qualms about putting a dirt drop on an Atlantis (or any
bike for that matter).  It's a great stem.

Here's a pic. No bar tape yet, but that's because I'm afraid of commitment.

https://flic.kr/p/uUrjow

The angle of the photo makes the bars look higher than they are. They are
slightly above or even with saddle height and super comfortable (on short
test rides so far - excited to try it on an extended ride soon!).

Good luck!

Aaron Young
The Dalles, OR