Oops, PS:  On the far right next to the talking sticks is a roughed out
cutleaf maple spoon blank.  That's all axe work prior to knife work.
Whew!  Developing axe skills is really a lot of effort/practice, especially
controlling that 2.2 pound Carving axe.

I know that the Wildlife Hatchet that Riv currently carries is one that
people like, along with the Wetterlings Compact Hatchet and the GB Hand
Hatchet (both of which I thought Riv carried but don't see them on the
website anymore?)

So many hatchets, so little time.