How big? For small, rugged and manly, with nunnathose un-virile features
like tweed panels and brass hardware, take a look at the OutYourBackDoor
Manpurse and Multipurpose Bag (names from memory, probably faulty), both
being re-purposed army surplus from 1950s south Croatian or east Estonian
artillery dragoon units (or something).

Go to the website to see the things. These bags are cheap (sub $60 IIRC with
all the various trimmings) and the larger Multi carries my netbook and
(tight) a standard letter size yellow pad and work papers. I adapted it
myself to my Fly rack, but Jeff Potter (seller) will hook it up for rack and
should use together.

Patrick Moore, who intimidates the men and entices the women with his two
OYB bike/shoulder bags.

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM