Yep, buy Japanese stuff from Japanese retailers, German stuff from the
Germans.
Deduct the importer's markup, the NA distributor's, and the US retailer's.
Schwalbe tires are nearly 50% less expensive when purchased direct from
Germany. I think Schmidt hubs are the same.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Ron Mc <bulldog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> cuz they buy them locally.  The only Nitto item I found an equivalent
> price in the US was the R12 rear bag support.
>

> <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aP4250003.jpg>
>
> <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aP4250007.jpg>
>
> the Ostrich bag was $58 v. $140 ifrom US suppliers.
>

> On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 5:41:17 PM UTC-5, Lungimsam wrote:
>>
>> What?!?!? Some of their prices are like waaaaayyyyyy cheaper than what
>> stuff costs in the US.
>>
>> I wonder how they can sell Pearl stems for only 60-something bucks.
>> Maybe no import fees, like a USA vender has?
>>
>> Sometimes I wonder if places that sell stuff for so cheap are selling off
>> manufacturer's seconds. Not saying Alex's is doing that. Just saying that
>> the thought crosses my mind when I see a vendor with cheap prices on so
>> many things.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal