I caught a bad cold late the week before last -- on the bike, as a matter
of fact, when, riding in the north bosque I acquired a massive, almost
instantaneous allergy attack which that night turned into a sinus infection
and then the next day into a cold proper.

I probably extended it by riding too early and hard, tho' only my usual
short distances: a couple of 20+ milers and a few 11-14 milers: feel "OK;"
ride; congratulate myself at getting better; get up feeling shitty the next
day; don't ride that day; repeat. And I was trying to hold back; indeed, I
did hold back, since my speeds were certainly modest. (I do *not* fret
about my averages, but I do check them.)

At any rate, I felt good enough on Friday to do a modestly hilly 21.5 1/3
dirt and 2/3 pavement on the Fargo; and yesterday felt lousy enough to
limit my ride to exactly 11.18 miles per Cyclemeter, on the gofast. Again,
I tried to hold back, but ended up at 16.16 mph overall clock running
despite an annoyingly and unusually long 4+ minute wait at the intersection
of my access road with busily traffik'd Montano.

This morning at Liturgy I felt completely wiped out and begged off from
reading the thanksgiving prayers afterward. No riding today.

I know the answer to my implied question in principle: *don't push it*, but
I'm curious as to what all ya'll do when you have that sort of cold that
causes great, globby, mucus-laden coughing.

Patrick "absolutely nothing epic here" Moore, , sitting at the keyboard and
soaking up the gin 'n' lime in unusually gray and cool and humid ABQ, NM.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten