I paid close attention on today's abbreviated (Shouldn't that word be
shorter? Sardonic grin.) ride, particularly pulling on the handlebars. I
pull on them, both sides equally with each stroke (which obviously
alternates feet sides), and only to the point of equilibrium or less with
the downward push of the pedals, so there is no upward motion added, only
leverage against the pedals.

With abandon,
Patrick