Which San Marcos frame are you buying?   The link shows the first
generation (robin's egg blue pearl) frame, which has been out of production
for a year.  The current generation (sage blue pearl) has some tweaks and
may have addressed the rear brake reach issue you noticed.

Also, which size of San Marcos?  The smaller sizes are for 650b and the
larger sizes are for 700c wheels.  The brake reach issue may only exist on
one of the two size runs.

I'd advise that you call Rivendell and ask.  They should be able to measure
a SM in stock for the brake reach, so you'll know if the 67 mm reach of the
Paul Racers will work.

FYI, I've used both Silver/559 and Paul Racer centerpulls on my
650b-converted Riv Road.  I didn't find the Pauls to provide any better
stopping power than the Silvers; in fact I find the Racers to be a tad more
mushy.  But, the Racers are much better for fender clearance, so I use
them.