I'm not familiar with the Flyer but if it is like the Conquest, which I
have, the rails run lengthwise just about 1/4 - 1/2 inch below the leather
so it doesn't take much to be riding the rails. Just yesterday, I took some
fairly dense yet pliable packing foam I got at work and stuffed it between
the rails and the leather.  It worked pretty darn good for my 25 mile
commute home. I think it's a keeper.  For the record - When I test rode a
Sam Hillborne at Rivendell back in 2012 it had a really old Brooks B-17(?)
with a wad of pink stuff (foam?) jammed between the rails and the leather
in a sloppy sort-of-way.  IIRC it may have also been modified into an
Imperial version.   It was very very comfortable.  That, combined with the
Jack Brown tires is a level of comfort I've never been able to duplicate on
my workhorse Sam.  I'd give the foam trick a try before I started modifying
the saddle.

Matt