The ferry from Jack London Square is likely to be a mess; the Eat Real food
festival <http://eatrealfest.com> runs from Friday through Sunday, and Jack
London will be mobbed. That festival will also soak up all the parking in
the area.

I think the OP's big point is not "where are the BART stations?", but
rather "can anyone lead us from our originating BART station in the East
Bay all the way to Crissy Field?". In my case, I'll be BARTing/biking from
the East Bay, but I'm not going to go out to Walnut Creek to do it; that's
20 miles in the opposite direction, and I tend to cut times short anyway.
I'll be using my normal technique for getting to the SF waterfront:

   1. Bike from West Berkeley to West Oakland BART on 7th Street (West
   Oakland BART is the closest EB station to SF, it has a large parking lot,
   and it's five flat miles from my house)
   2. Board the train; disembark at Embarcadero BART
   3. Follow the Embarcadero (the waterfront road) north and west past
   Fisherman's Wharf, Aquatic Park, through Fort Mason, along Marina Green
   west into the Presidio
   4. Go all the way out to the tippy-tail west end of Crissy Field (at the
   foot of the GG Bridge) near the ampitheatre and the café

The rule of thumb when riding in the City is: Stay as close as you can to
the water. The route is commonly known as the Waterfront Route; I believe
it's posted that way, too.

There are a number of walk/bike maps for Bay Area cities published by Rufus
Graphics; the SF one is called San Francisco Bike Map & Walking Guide. It's
recommended by the San Francisco Bike Coalition <http://www.sfbike.org>,
who have a PDF available here:

San Francisco Bike Map
<http://www.sfbike.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SF_Bike_Map_and_Walking_Guide_2014.pdf>

http://www.sfbike.org/resources/maps-routes/

SFBC provides a link to Google Maps, but suggests you compare your Google
route to the published map. They also have a link to 511's Bike Mapper,
which is in a pretty squirrely beta; it refused to generate a route map for
this trip, no matter how I modified the search terms.

The SF, Oakland and Berkeley maps are commonly available at bike stores in
the Bay Area; a Sacramento bike shop might also have them.

As for a guide: I plan to arrive at West Oakland BART somewhere around
11:30AM. The Giants are playing at AT&T on Sunday afternoon, so the BART
stations from Embarcadero to Civic Center are likely to be packed; it's
possible I may be on the platform at West Oakland for awile until I can get
on a train.

If someone who needs a scout wants to meet me at West Oakland BART (near
the ticket machines) or at Embarcadero 30-45 minutes later (in front of the
Ferry Building), I'll be on a dark green Raleigh w/chrome lugs, racks front
and rear, grey Ortlieb rolltops. Click the name to send an email, and I'll
send you my cell number.

Peter "Pathfinder" Adler <adle...@mac.com>
who has a pathological terror of Not Knowing Where He Is, even when he's in
Berkeley, CA/USA