The first thing is that my best friends will call me out on my behavior and
force me to look at myself and my assumptions and actions. I see Grant as
befriending this other fellow by challenging his (and our assumptions) and
forcing him/us to look into a mirror.

Other people do what they want to do and don't want to be called out on
what they do and might get offended by this.

Chis, I'll let you be the advocate of the besieged and let you give him
"the benefit of the doubt". Put the fellow in the best light and justify
the assumption that his shifter deserved to be replaced.

Au revoir,
Toshi in Oakland