Thank you, Ellis and everyone suggesting different material pedals. The
Motos are ones I've had my eye on for a while. Their platform, I suspect,
is too small for me. I have cheep plastic pedals the same size and they are
too small underfoot.

The Ergon look good, but are horrible under a bare foot. The challenge is
there are no actual barefoot pedals intended for long distance
riding/comfort. The niche of a niche of a niche of a niche is just too
small. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick