I picked up a San Marcos 51 cm for my girlfriend (1G light blue paint, 650b
wheels).  The 650b model has ample tire clearance (38 mm plus fenders) but
the 700c models are a little tighter (35 mm with fenders).  The fork is
slightly lower-spec tubing (Tange Infinity), not that you'd notice without
weighing it.

The San Marcos seems a bit more road-oriented than a Hilsen.  It has a 6
degree top tube (two tubes in the top sizes) but otherwise its geometry
falls between a Hilsen and a Roadeo.  You could also see it as a budget
Roadeo.

My girlfriend's San Marcos is built up as a light tourer, with drop bars
and a front Campee lowrider rack.  I'm about to change it from 8 speed STI
to 9 or 10 speed bar ends (depending on which cassette I have lying around).

You're correct that the San Marcos doesn't show up on Riv's frame page
<http://www.rivbike.com/category-s/788.htm>.  I assume that a call to RIVHQ
would answer the question of whether they'll continue to stock it.  The
Clem fits into the "entry-level Riv" price slot that the SM has occupied.