Chris, the TB's are as close as I've found to 2.1" 700c Compass tires. I
hear slightly more road noise compared with the QB's Barlow Pass on the
same roads. They are surprisingly smooth -- much smoother and more supple
than the Smart Sams. I second all of David's description of them as well. I
have not once thought "this ride will have a lot of pavement, so though I'd
rather have gears today I'm going to take the QB -- which I did think with
the Smart Sams.

With abandon,
Patrick