Hi, All,

The Compass Knickers are about a plus-two to plus-three length on me when
worn below the waist but above the hip, and run true to size.

The front zipper pockets are pretty shallow--you'll be using those
zippers--and the (right hand only) back zip pocket is large enough for a
couple of credit cards or perhaps a wallet, so phablet users will need to
look elsewhere for portable-TV-tracking-device storage. As a left-handed
user of these shorts, I'd prefer to also have a left-hand rear pocket for
my wallet etc.

The elasticated waist band was soft, and the belt held my clip-on
pocketknife in place well.  There is a mesh back panel that is visually
inobtrusive and may help with ventilation, though the regular material did
fine in this regard.

The (polyester? my pair have no branding, size tags, or other markings at
all) material is quite thin, sheds water, dries quickly, drapes
beautifully, breathes well, and has a subtle 2-way stretch. The articulated
knees, crotch gusset, etc result in a garment that does what it is supposed
to do--disappear while riding while still looking like casual wear off of
the bike. They are trim, but not restrictive, and the lack of obnoxious
stitched-on logos etc is a welcome touch for modern cycling clothing.
Stitching and reinforcement is inobtrusive, tight, and even.

Obviously, I've not yet had a chance to ride more than seventy miles or so
in them to date (i.e. they were fine yesterday), but they held up in the
washer, and dried very quickly on the line (minutes).

I'd prefer another inch in the length for the 32" size, but I've got long
femurs. They are not vanity sized at all, so if you wear a "32" khaki or
pre-shrunk Levis, then you'll be happier in the next size up. I have a true
32" waist, usually take my khakis and straight-leg jeans in at the waist to
fit my thighs, and I pretty much max the Compass knickers out. If I order
another pair, they'll be sized up.

They're fine summer-weight knickers, nicely tailored, without frippery or
unnecessary details.

Cheers,

Will
William M. deRosset