I don' know if it is my low bar position or my excessively low brow, but how
do y'all see from under those long brims? I had some caps made by Carolyne
at LittlePackagedotcom with 4 cm brims and they are the first I can pull
down securely in front -- too keep the wind of my ferocious speed from
blowing them off -- while letting me see where I am going.

Patrick "brachycephalic" Moore

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Jim Cloud <cloud...@aol.com> wrote:

> For those of you who like to wear a cycling cap, either with or
> without a helmet (I frequently ride only with a cap).  You may be
> interested in a cap that has been around for many years - the Kromer
> cap.  These caps were originally worn by railroad men, although they
> now are frequently sold as welding caps.
>
> The original Kromer caps were made by a railroad man's wife for his
> personal use, they quickly became a standard and were worn almost
> universally by working railroad men (engineers, firemen, yardmen,
> etc.) in the days of steam locomotives.  Here's a link that would give
> you some idea of the numerous colors available (want a "King of the
> Mountain" polka dot - you can get one).
>
> http://www.kromercap.com/products.html
>
> I've worn the A250 in black for quite some time, it's very suitable
> for cycling (stays on in the wind, has plenty of space to accommodate
> your hair, is washable, and quite cheap - I found one site in a Google
> search that sells the caps for $8.92).
>
> Jim Cloud
> Tucson, AZ

Patrick Moore