Riding "across" Oahu probably would be a bust. It's basically up and down
with an unfriendly tunnel in the middle. I think it's okay in a group, but
is pretty nerve-wracking solo (or so I'm told).

Around Oahu is probably a better idea - sort of anyway. You can't actually
ride around the entire island, you have to carry your bike at least part of
the way at Kaena Point.

Having said all that, we have a few organized rides every year; two are out
and back, one around Kaena Point but not really around the island.

1. Honolulu Century Ride - Honolulu to Kaaawa and back (
https://www.hbl.org/honolulucenturyride/)
2. JBL Metric Century Ride - Haleiwa to Kaaawa and back (
https://www.hbl.org/events/haleiwa-metric-century-ride/) - This is my
favorite.
3. Zach's Ride in Paradise - two day event with two stage ride on Saturday,
criterium on Sunday (https://www.hbl.org/events/zachs-ride/) - never done
any of it

So no, we really don't have a ride around the circumference, but it could
be done and I've done almost all of it except for Kaena Point. Here's a
video of the point entails:
https://www.hbl.org/events/zachs-ride/around-kaena-point-on-zachs-ride/

BTW - It's not a tiny island, but it's small enough we sure wouldn't get a
week out of it. Three days with two nights would be fun and not at all
stressful. Of course our randonneur friends would probably opt for one day
and go around twice. I've often given though to doing it (just once
though).

Aloha, Bob

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Lungimsam <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do they have any ride across Oahu rides? That would be fun to do. I think
> I'd fly over for that. Or ride around circumference of island event.

Robert Harrison
Honolulu, HI
rfharri...@gmail.com
statrix.com