Here's what they look like on a mountain bike.  Before I sold the Groove, I
had injured my shoulder.  Although I never really felt the warm fuzzies
about them, they did keep me riding to work by taking the pressure off.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129545862@N03/21588225663/in/dateposted-public/

John