On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Jock Scott <ebko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Get the triple.  Unless you have some particular physical concerns or
> unique pedaling style that needs to be addressed with a specific
> crank, q-factor is irrelevant.

Irrelevant to what? Some people feel more comfortable and pedal more
efficiently within certain Q ranges. OTOH, using the same crank or a similar
design for a triple as for the double won't add much to the Q, but moving
from one crank to another can make a huge difference: I think some modern
triples have Qs in at 180 or more while I've had doubles at less than 140. 4
cm is over an inch and a half -- most people would feel that.

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM